The quality of your plumbing is only as good as the plumbing supplies used. Even if your plumber is a world-class craftsman, as long as the fixtures or pipe materials used are low-quality, you’ll experience issues again and again.
Hardware stores may not cut itNaturally, when they go shopping for plumbing supplies, homeowners want to get the best quality for the money, but they look for it in the wrong place. Contrary to common belief, your local hardware store is one of the worst places where you can buy plumbing supplies. This option might seem more convenient or affordable, but hardware stores often fail to deliver because they’re jacks of all trades. Hardware stores are well-stocked and do have lots of discounts, but plumbing professionals often avoid buying from them because the products are low-quality and they don’t pass the test of time. Also, if you’re working on a complex project, a hardware store might not be enough.
Look for a plumbing specialist supplier near youInstead, if you want your plumbing project to be done right, a better idea would be to purchase parts and accessories from a specialised plumbing store. Unlike hardware stores, which offer a little bit of everything, these only focus on plumbing, which means you’ll get more product variety and higher quality. Plumbing stores are able to offer products from a broader price range, and if you didn’t find a certain part in your local hardware store, chances are you’ll find it in a plumbing store. Here, you may also benefit from bespoke consultations for your plumbing projects because the staff receives specialised training. Whether you’ve just moved into a new home and you want to change the old plumbing system, or you just want to give your bathroom a modern look, the Sutherland Shire area in Sydney doesn’t lack professional plumbing stores. Whether you prefer shopping online or in-store, we’ve hand-picked some of the most popular options that local plumbers and residents swear by.
What to look for in a good plumbing store in Sutherland Shire?There are dozens of plumbing stores in Sutherland Shire, but they’re not created equal. Here are some of the factors you should keep in mind when choosing a plumber store to make sure you get your money’s worth:
- Reputation: ideally, you want to purchase your plumbing supplies from a plumbing store that has a good reputation on the market. For this list, we’ve included plumbing stores that have served the Sutherland Shire area for decades, who know the needs of the community, and have a track record for excellence. Of course, when looking for a good plumbing store, you shouldn’t neglect newer stores either because there’s always room for professional suppliers, but always check their ratings on specialised review platforms first.
- Stock. The whole point of shopping from a Sutherland Shire plumbing store instead of a hardware store is to have access to a wider range of products. If what you’re looking for is always out of stock, takes forever to arrive, and the shelves are half-empty, that store won’t be very useful.
- Brands covered. You can tell a lot about a plumbing store based on the brands they sell. If a plumbing store covers lots of brands, from smaller, affordable ones, to those that are known for luxury products, they’re usually a good choice. Some of the best plumbing fixture brands that experts recommend include Gerber, Moen, Kohler, and Whirlaway, so if you see that a store is an official seller for them, you’re probably in good hands.
- Prices. Although it’s not a good idea to choose one store over another based on price alone, plumbing projects can be quite costly, and it’s normal to want to save as much money as possible. Besides, it’s really unpleasant to buy new taps for the kitchen and bathroom and discover that in another store they were $50 cheaper. Costs can really add up, and a plumbing store with a history of low prices is always preferable. Also, you might also want to check that the store can offer you loyalty discounts or discounts for large orders. Those can help you cut costs even more.
- Online or in-store? Many homeowners prefer going personally to the plumbing store, carefully looking at each product to take in its build quality and texture. Plus, by shopping in-person, you can also get more renovation ideas and discover products you might have known you needed. However, there are also those homeowners who want shopping to be as quick and convenient as possible and prefer online stores. Maybe it’s more convenient to have your order delivered to your doorstep, or you know exactly what you need, and you don’t want to drive to the store for it. No matter what kind of buyer you are, it’s good to have options, which is why we recommend choosing a plumbing store that has both a physical location and an online store.
- Delivery fees. Getting a discount isn’t that useful if you have to pay a lot of money on delivery fees. These apply both to physical and online stores. Whether you place an order online, from home, or you order it in-store and choose to have it delivered because it’s too heavy and you can’t carry it (i.e., big pipes, showers, toilets, etc.), the delivery fees should be reasonable.
- Customer service. A good customer service staff member should do much more than point you to the right aisle. They should also be able to offer you bespoke assistance, help you compare products from various brands, and tell you if the product you want to buy is right for the application you have in mind. They don’t just care about earning a commission and selling you as many things as possible. They care about helping you and give you genuinely good advice, and ultimately that’s what builds trust and loyalty. If you look at the most popular plumbing stores in Sutherland Shire, you’ll see that most of them started out as a small, family business, and they became so big precisely because they focused on warm, friendly customer service.
- Residential and commercial plumbing. The best plumbing store is one that works both with commercial and residential clients. Whether you need to buy one single replacement tap washer or buy pipes in bulk for your company’s building, you shouldn’t be restricted by the store’s policy.